We pride ourselves in providing the best possible service to all our clients. We are confident that you will receive an excellent and efficient service from this firm. However, in the unfortunate event that you are unhappy with any aspect of the service that you have received, please follow these steps to raise a formal complaint:
First Stage – Internal
– Please raise your complaint in writing so that this can be resolved between you and the Principal Solicitor/Director in the first instance.
– Please set out your complaint, in writing, in as much detail as you can highlighting the resolution you are seeking.
– Your complaint will be acknowledged by the Principal Solicitor/Director within 5 working days of receipt.
– We reserve the right to request additional information from you if we feel that the complaint lacks detail. If this is necessary, the deadline to provide a substantive response will run from receipt of your detailed complaint.
– A full written response will be sent to you within 4 weeks from the date of your detailed complaint.
Second Stage – External
– If your complaint cannot be resolved internally, please confirm your remaining concerns in writing.
– At that stage, the Principal Solicitor/Director will refer your complaint to an Independent Complaints Handler (“the Handler”) to provide an independent and objective view on your remaining concerns. Details of the Handler will be provided to you.
– The Handler will contact you directly and acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days of receipt of the same from our firm.
– The Handler will contact you within 8 weeks from the date of your complaint, with a full and detailed response to the issues raised.
In the event that your complaint cannot be resolved by the firm or the Handler and/or you remain dissatisfied with the response, you can complain to the Legal Ombudsman about the service you have received or, your bill. The time limit for making a complaint is:
one year from the date of the act or omission being complained about; or
one year from the date when the complainant should have realised that there was cause for complaint.
The Legal Ombudsman’s details are as follows:
Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6167, Slough, SL1 0EH
T: 0300 555 0333
If you wish to complain about our behaviour or professional conduct, you can raise your concerns with the SRA. Details can be found by clicking on this link https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/report-solicitor/
The telephone number is 0370 606 2555